An innovative Automotive Manufacturing company is seeking an Upholstery Programs Manager to join their team on-site in the Bay Area. You will be part of a rapidly growing, venture-backed start-up that aims to convert gasoline vehicles to electric using technology and scale.
As an Upholstery Programs Manager, you will facilitate large scale training, quality, and process improvement programs for a rapidly scaling automotive production upholstery shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Design and Production to develop and maintain the upholstery program for each vehicle model.
- Advise on, direct, and facilitate shop equipment, supply, and tool acquisition.
- Coordinate with Facilities to ensure maintenance and upkeep of upholstery shop and all equipment and tools belonging therein.
- Mentor, coach, train and develop associates to become the Production Team's subject matter experts in the upholstery craft.
- 5+ Years of professional experience in the upholstery field, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent training facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience coaching and managing direct reports in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong cross-functional teamwork abilities.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up manufacturing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Experience with project management and managing budgets.
- Experience with vendor relations.
- Full health benefits
- Competitive LTI
- Unlimited PTO
- Free lunch everyday