Title: Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing Agent
Company Summary: A privately held US distributor and service provider of industrial aftermarket products, is looking for a Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing Agent to join their team in Dallas, Texas. This position is responsible for the MRO products for both their Distribution Center and Mobile Industrial Hardware Stores. This individual will help improve their sourcing activities by analyzing the company's product costs, supplier partnerships and anticipated needs.
The Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing Agent will be responsible for:
- Researching and evaluating suppliers based on quality, price, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, and supplier's reputation.
- Identifying opportunities for new products and integrating new products with existing offerings
- Presenting findings in product meetings to leadership team
- Analyzing market trends and responding to changing conditions in product supply
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors
- Resolving pricing/receipt and other variances from suppliers.
The Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing Agent should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of Purchasing and Sourcing experience
- Procurement Certifications preferred
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and communication skills
- Experience in multiple inventories and industrial MRO products- handled large volume of SKUs
- Previous experience with Blanket Purchase Orders
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel and CRM/ inventory management software programs
- 401 (k), health, dental, and life insurance
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- Friendly and comfortable work environment
- Security and stability of working for an essential business that is debt-free