Sr. Manager, Quality Control required for leading Cosmetics Manufacturing Company
- Greater Los Angeles, California Area
- Quality Leadership
A Senior Manager of Quality Control is needed by the Cosmetics Manufacturer to boost their Quality Program. The Senior Manager will collaborate with a dynamic leadership team and contribute their own suggestions on how to enhance the product. This role is located at the HQ and reports directly to the VP of Quality Control and Regulatory.
The Senior Manager of Quality Control will supervise the activities related to the Quality Control functions of the company. The ideal candidate should have the ability and passion to refine processes while being familiar with FDA regulations. The company is looking for someone who can guarantee that the quality of their products is excellent and that they comply with the required standards. The Senior Manager will oversee ensuring that the company's products are safe, effective, and satisfy the needs of their customers. They will also oversee leading the Quality Control team and ensuring that they are performing well and productively.
The Sr. Manager will have the following skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 7+ years of experience in QC/QA in a cosmetics manufacturing company (additionally experience in regulatory is preferred)
- 5+ years of experience of related supervisory/management experience including building and developing teams
- 5+ years of experience as an active participant with cosmetic-centric FDA audits
- Understanding of regulations surrounding cosmetics including:
- FPLA (Fair Packaging and Labeling Act)
- FDC (Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act)
- EU Cosmetic Regulation 1223/2009
- Health Canada
- Collaborative working style
- Strong leadership skills when handling multiple projects
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with the VP of Quality Control & Regulatory to supervise Quality Control Teams, ensuring alignment between manufacturing and laboratory operations to support the company's goals.
- Cooperating closely with Production Management to ensure adherence to quality systems.
- Developing necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and reviewing, correcting, and enhancing existing ones.
- Handling compliance issues related to validation, calibration, etc.
- Performing and regulating regular audits of laboratories, manufacturing areas, and quality systems.
- Guaranteeing that safety and efficacy tests for both cosmetics and children's products (CPSIA) are completed within budget and timeline constraints.
- Effectively managing and executing both mock and official product recalls.
- Supervising employee training programs while keeping accurate records.
- Conducting audits of suppliers and third-party labs in accordance with FDA cGMP and ISO 22716 standards.