Sr. Customer Quality Engineer - for a leading Chemicals Company
- Customer Quality Engineer
- Newark, DE
A leading Chemicals company is seeking an Sr. Customer Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Sr. Customer Quality Engineer -will interface with top tier customers on a global basis as well as interface with global internal teams including R&D, Product Quality Engineering (PQE), Manufacturing Operations, Improvement Engineering and Marketing.
The Sr. Customer Quality Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- Plus 5+ years of industrial experience in manufacturing or process engineering role.
- Hands-on experience with statistical process control methods and design of experiments.
- Ability to make good engineering judgments independently is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills toward external customers and to high level leaders
- Experience in customer communication: ensuring both companies are aligned on the same goals and understandings.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
The Sr. Customer Quality Engineer - will:
- Primary responsibility of this role is to provide CMP business specific technical service in the region and act as customer product quality manager for assigned customer(s) in the region.
- This role is designed to more directly manage the product quality and service responsiveness to top tier and strategic customers along with working across the functions within the business to align to the evolving customer technical roadmap.
- Own and resolve complaints and requests from assigned customer(s) in region.
- Activities include managing root cause identification, acquiring and analyzing data, and developing solution options in collaboration with Global Product Quality Engineering(PQE), Manufacturing, Improvement Engineering, Raw Material Quality and Marketing as necessary. Drafts and communicates complaint resolution progress to customers on a regular basis
- The strategic aspect of the job is to serve as the voice of the customer back into the business and work across the Commercial, Operations and R&D organizations to prioritize the customer requirements into the strategic technical and quality roadmaps.
- The roadmaps will include the short & mid-term CIP efforts to continually drive improved product quality and service responsiveness to improve customer satisfaction as well as long term actions to help win new business for the customer emerging technology needs.