My client, a mid-sized biopharmaceuticals organization, is looking for a Senior Category Manager, Clinical to join their team!
The Senior Manager, Clinical Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies for goods and services related to clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, and medical information categories. This position ensures execution of sourcing strategies and tactical support with focus on continuous improvement and business support. This role may include management of other key category responsibilities as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops a strong partnership with Business Partners to align on objectives and timelines.
- Provides sourcing methodology to deliver value to the company in close collaboration with business partners.
- Develops and implements Procurement value roadmap by identifying, implementing, and monitoring procurement opportunities with Business partners.
- Ensures Sourcing objectives & strategies are defined and provides appropriate value to the business.
- Assists in strategic sourcing to identify and selects suitable suppliers and mitigate business risk.
- Reviews contracts for responsible areas of spend and acts as an expert resource for planning and leading negotiations.
- Ensures seamless P2P process with compliance by business partners and constantly strives to improve and streamline processes with other functions such as Finance and Legal.
- Ensures timely execution on all purchasing requests.
- Participates in the management of supplier performance with appropriate KPI's.
- Delivers procurement value including all agreed upon cost savings and cost avoidance goals.
- Ensures SOX 404 compliance for purchasing processes.
- Actively monitors activity progress and reports achievements and performance to Sourcing leadership.
- 7+ years of strategic sourcing experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry experience in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, or medical device