A Quality Manager (food manufacturing facility) is needed for a leading food and beverage firm.
Job Title: Quality Manager
- Food Manufacturing Plant
Location: Greater Houston, TX
A multi-billion dollar leader within the food and beverage industry is seeking a Quality Manager to ensure compliance in their food manufacturing plant. The Quality Manager needs to have a strong understanding of food safety and USDA principles. This position will play a key role in the training and development of the Quality team.
Responsibilities of the Quality Manager Include:
- Ensures compliance for all areas of quality to meet company standards
- Develop and train a team of quality professionals
- Create proper operating procedures in the areas of quality to maintain compliance
- Develops and maintains a systematic sampling of in process and finished products
- Assures new product specifications meet company QA levels and resolves customer complaints
- Works with USDA inspector to resolve any issues and audits plant to ensure Federal and State regulations standards are met.
- Proactively addresses problems within the areas of quality to ensure issues do not persist
- Creates FSQ policies/procedures and trains employees on new policies/procedures.
The ideal Quality Manager will have the Following skill set:
- 3+ years Quality/Food Safety experience in a USDA Regulated Environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years experience
- Experience within the food and beverage industry
- Expertise on USDA principles
- HACCP/ PCQI/SQF Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of USDA principles required
- Knowledge of food safety principles
- Comprehensive benefits Package
- Competitive compensation
- Long term growth opportunities