A leading food manufacturing company is looking for a Project Engineer to join their team in the Greater LA area. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Project Engineer is responsible for the implementation of the engineering function, project management, continuous improvement, and other engineering functions.
- Study current machines, utility designs, and layout to find opportunities for process and engineering improvements.
- Work with the operations team to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives through various projects.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans in agreement with stakeholders.
- Develop project specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards. Reviews quotes from contractors, prepare cost estimates and Capex proposals.
- Develop appropriate project schedules by studying project plan and specifications.
- Participate in internal and external customer/contractor meetings and resolve project issues.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manage project costs by monitoring expenditures and maintain project database by entering and backing up all data. Identify areas for improvement and risk.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with all Regulatory/Statutory regulations.
- Confirm project performance by conducting laid out tests/trials of installed machinery and implement policies, procedures and systems for capex management as defined by ofi and Global Engineering function.
- Comply with the engineering Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and deliver operational, technical, and engineering training of critical machines and equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline is required.
- Industrial Design software experience, AutoCAD preferred.