A Plastics Manufacturing client is looking for a Product Development Engineer to join their team in their Franklin, KY facility. My client is known for developing novel packaging and engineered products with a focus on sustainability and innovation.
The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for developing new products and product variances, implementing and leading projects focused on product development, improving processing and quality of products by identifying issues with equipment and manufacturing processes, and implementing technical documentation packages.
- Using established Design Control procedures to develop new products and product variances.
- Run trials on pilot and production lines using solvent , emulsion, rubber-based pressure sensitive adhesives and lines.
- Work alongside lab team as the focus point of contact for new product development.
- Implement and lead product development projects that align with company objectives.
- Ensure all project objectives are met and all activities are completed within scheduled timeframe.
- Design experiments, execute trials, interpret data and perform application testing throughout the development of new products.
- Source new raw materials, analyze and utilize these in innovation of existing products to achieve cost reductions.
- Preparation of finished good tape samples, operation, and understanding of various test equipment/methods, including application testing and data analysis for evaluation and presentation of new tape designs.
- Implement technical documentation packages, including raw material specifications, product specifications, stability, and general technical data to support the introduction of new products.
- Knowledge of ASTM standards and PSTC methods to support product testing when required.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Chemistry or related experience.
- 2+ years in product development, research and development, packaging or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with pressure sensitive adhesive tape, adhesive or release liner design, and manufacturing.
- Understanding of process control equipment and the interrelations of processing conditions versus final product performance.
- Competence in FTIR, DSC, peel adhesion, tack and shear testing, and other analytical techniques.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience leading and managing projects.