One of the biggest logistics providers for the pharmaceutical industry is looking for a logistics operations manager to manage one of heir key distribution centres in Stuttgart.
This company specialises in storing and distributing some of the most import drugs and vaccines globally and is recognised across Europe as the most efficient logistics provider for the pharmaceutical industry.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing operational activities of the department, planning and developing systems and procedures to improve operational quality and administration and development of department staff and subcontractors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management of the OPS team, conducting regular team meetings as well as leading, training and motivating staff to deliver high quality
- General work distribution of the department, including workforce planning and optimization
- Documentation, analysis and development of operational processes, ensuring high operational quality
- Implementation of new operational procedures
- Evaluation of existing quality defects and definition of improvement actions
- KPI reporting and follow up
- Consistent work with subcontractors: Including benchmarking and selection, training, analysis of daily processes and workflow, KPI follow up and conduct of meetings based on need
- Coordination of general department projects
- Strong experience in logistics operations, preferably in speciality logistics and air logistics
- Good leadership skills and mindset
- Fluent communication skills in German and English
- Flexibility to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Analytical approach and number accuracy
- Good computer skills and proven ability to work through systems
- Basis of employment laws and regulations