Head of Procurement for Avionics and Electronics - Munich
A new and exciting opportunity to join a company that specialises in sustainable aerospace transport. They're seeking an experienced procurement professional to join their team within the avionics and electronics field to help bolster their procurement function.
The company currently employs over 600+ professionals, 400 of which specialise in the field of aerospace, and this is continuously expanding year on year. Their manufacturing facilities are based in Munich, Germany, with teams based across Europe and the U.S, offering excellent career progression opportunities on an international scale.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation which is guaranteed to shape the future of aerospace and sustainable transport globally.
- Lead Category Manager team for energy, propulsion, avionics and electronics, Structure and Interiors flying parts
- Procurement Strategy & Policies aligned to the company strategy
- Sourcing Process - Market Assessment & Potential Suppliers identification, negotiation, Supplier Selection & Contracting of Terms and Conditions (e.g. Call for tender) in a Multi-Functional Team environment
- Supplier Monitoring & Contract Management
- Strong risk management to support decision-making process
- Support the operations purchase and supply chain development
- Supplier Approvals
- Performance control with high-responsive supply chain/supplier development
- Close co-operation with the Manufacturing and Engineering teams during development projects to support optimum design including design to cost and design to manufacture
- Orchestrate a global network of aircraft suppliers as well as modern manufacturing to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in
- Recruit, support, train & mentor staff - leading a lean organisation of commodity buyers
- Support the plant delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets
- A degree in mechanical engineering and/or business administration degree
- Specific background/work experience needed to be successful in the role:
- Procurement commodity leadership position in a corporate with mandatory experience in aerospace of 8 years minimum including "End to End" responsibility from strategy development to implementation
- Operations Purchase leadership position for a high-volume, modern manufacturing-supply chain. Contracting and negotiating skills mandatory.
- Supply Chain field experience in a production environment of a global aerospace company
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership within the company.
- Excellent analysis skills with a drive to challenge the status quo - design to cost, design to manufacture.
- Ability to adapt fast to constant changing environment
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus
- Proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation with a high sense for urgency
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815