A global leader in the chemical manufacturing industry with over 3000 employees across 20+ countries is looking to expand their raw materials procurement team. This role has come out of a restructuring of the team, and you will be defining and implementing the global category strategy for raw materials. This role will mainly be covering silicones, solvents, additives and other raw materials, so previous experience in the chemical industry is advantageous.
- Defining and implementing the global category strategy for raw materials. To include silicones, solvents, additives and other raw materials.
- Lead global negotiations and manage key supplier relationships. Identify, qualify and onboard new suppliers, ensuring quality, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish and enhance procurement processes, driving continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Manage cross-functional projects with R&D, manufacturing and sustainability teams.
- Multiple years' experience in global procurement environment, specifically in raw materials. Experience in the chemical industry is extremely beneficial for this position.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills as well as excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and drive innovation.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with all levels of the organization, including director level and c-suite. Professional fluency in English is essential, Dutch is advantageous but not essential.
- Exposure to a global procurement function, opportunity to travel
- Flexible hybrid working environment, prioritising a healthy work life balance
- Clear career development and growth opportunities from day 1