Title: Electrical Supervisor
Location: Emporia VA
Position Summary: A highly innovative $17B paper/pulp company is seeking to add an Electrical Supervisor to their Emporia VA site! This position presents a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to play a pivotal role in guiding the electrical team and spearheading improvements across all work processes related to EHS, reliability, quality, and costs. You will be actively involved in promoting safety initiatives, identifying and addressing potential hazards, and ensuring the overall quality of work within the team. Your contributions in this role will extend to providing valuable insights to the management team, making a positive impact on the organization as a whole. Join us in this exciting opportunity to contribute to our success and grow within a dynamic work environment.
- Lead the electrical team to operate in a safe and incident-free manner within a continuous manufacturing environment, aligning with our management philosophy.
- Supervise and coordinate efforts within the electrical department to enhance processes related to environmental health and safety (EHS), compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
- Support production processes to optimize the manufacturing enterprise and deliver value to the business.
- Foster team development and growth, facilitate employee skill enhancement, and contribute to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Drive safety initiatives by promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability, proactively identifying hazards and implementing mitigating strategies based on risk assessments.
- Monitor the quality of craft work, providing guidance to maximize efficiency.
- Assist in troubleshooting production issues.
- Deliver safety training to team members, offer coaching, and contribute to team development and performance management.
- Handle data entry and generate required reports.
- This role involves working in a union environment
- GED (Associates Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics preferred)
- Possessing over 2 years of supervisory expertise in either manufacturing or a military context.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with PLC, HMI, drives, and remote troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with various production and maintenance reporting applications.
- Proven experience in applying Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or analogous problem-solving methodologies.
- Track record of leading initiatives to enhance reliability, predictive, and preventive maintenance practices.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Educational assistance program.
If you enjoy leading teams and want to see your direct impact on the plant's success, apply today!