Title: Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Greater Richland, WA Area
A leading name in the Food Production industry is seeking an experienced Electrical Maintenance Supervisor to supervise and direct the day-to-day activities within the maintenance department. The position will supervise employees; enter work orders; work with the Maintenance Manager to oversee the budget, parts inventory and PM program; and lead, develop, execute and support solutions to improve process system/energy performance, food safety, employee safety and product quality.
The Electrical Maintenance Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and supervision of electricians and/or maintenance mechanics
- Provide electrical and maintenance support for operational, process equipment, buildings and grounds, and all infrastructures; Input and review required work orders. Establish, assign, and deliver prioritized work lists and enter and close out work orders in the system. Maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the electricians, instrument technicians and maintenance mechanics to maintain the reliability of plant's electrical/controls and mechanical systems. Assist with the development and implementation of an instrument calibration program. Ensure all E&I work is completed in a safe and satisfactory manner.
- Document Control: Develop and implement SOP's and SSOP's relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with departmental and operational safety and regulatory requirements. Lead and/or coordinate activities related to SQF, Safety, and Energy committee responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, oversee budget and parts inventory. Coordinate with inventory and purchasing to ensure items are purchased and received in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies
- Coordinates and inspects major contract work on the electrical, mechanical, and other food industry related systems.
- Perform maintenance/electrical work as needed.
- Performing on-call duties for after-hour emergencies
The ideal Electrical Maintenance Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Troubleshooting PLCs, electrical, and instrumentation is required. Strong understanding of Ethernet communications highly desired. AB, Siemens, TL, Wonderware, and/or Inductive Automation experience and mechanical systems/equipment.
- NFPA 70 and 7OE codes.
- Knowledge of financial forecasting, budgeting, and accounting
- Working knowledge of FDA, PSM , and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP
- Understanding of associated processing equipment and engineering
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Willingness to respond to emergency situations outside of normal work schedule
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial electrical experience, as well as experience in implementing and maintaining a preventive/predictive maintenance system
- HACCP Certification, SQF Certification, Food Safety Programs training, ammonia training, boiler operator training, and/or pneumatics training are preferred
- Proficient in the use of electrical test and instrumentation calibration equipment.
If you are interested in the Maintenance Supervisor opportunity, then please don't hesitate to apply!