Work for a global leader in chemical manufacturing, most known in the semiconductor industry. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing technical support while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. The role will be responsible for providing measures to protect the local air, land, and water resources nearby. As well as assisting in all initiatives and projects that relate to the site EHS department.
- Ensuring that all operations comply with relevant local/state/federal laws relating to environment health/safety through technical support.
- Manage all environmental licenses and permits for the site.
- Creating documentation such as SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) covering various EH&S issues including Chemical Safety/Hazardous Material Handling/Safe Work Practices/Emergency Response/Security etc.)
- Develop and implement new safety and environmental policies and programs to improve the site.
- Maintaining up-to-date records on any incidents involving hazardous materials or chemicals.
- Communicate with the EHS department and Site director to identify needs and room for improvement in terms of compliance.
- Support ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, or other technical related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within the environmental health & safety industry
- Strong knowledge of chemical safety protocols
- Familiarity with EHS policies and procedures
- Background with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
If this sounds like something you would enjoy doing please apply today!