Role: Principal Design Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
We're actively seeking a top-tier Engineering professional to join our client's esteemed aerospace manufacturing team supporting our expanding operations in multiple locations across the US. This key role will be pivotal in the design and development of critical aerospace systems, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Lead the design and analysis of intricate aerospace gearbox assemblies for various applications.
- Serve as the primary technical liaison, ensuring seamless communication and exchange of crucial technical details.
- Conduct comprehensive design, analysis, and troubleshooting of high-speed rotating equipment, encompassing a wide range of components and systems.
- Timely preparation of essential engineering documentation, modeling, and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance. - Spearhead initiatives to refine and enhance existing practices and processes, contributing to operational efficiency.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, engaging in robust design-for-manufacturing discussions and driving seamless integration of components and subsystems.
- Perform meticulous tolerance stack-up analyses, delivering insightful reports to facilitate decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with a strong track record of at least eight years in aerospace systems design.
- Proven expertise in designing and analyzing high-speed rotating equipment, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of associated complexities.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and analytical software tools (e.g., Ansys, Cobra, MASTA, Transmission 3D).
- Extensive experience with CAD software, particularly Creo, for comprehensive design tasks.
- In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and its practical applications.
- Demonstrated familiarity with gear material properties, casting methodologies, and metal treatment processes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, capable of preparing detailed test procedures and engineering reports.
- Familiarity with reliability analysis tools and methodologies like Six Sigma, FMECA, and RCCA is highly advantageous.
- Exposure to formal Qualification Standards (e.g., DO160, MIL-STD-810) is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a plus, enhancing data analysis capabilities.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities, attention to detail, and a commitment to task completion.
- A proactive approach to change management, fostering innovation, and implementing streamlined processes.
A generous relocation package is available for qualifying candidates.