Job Title: IT Services Category Manager
Location: Germany (Remote)
About Us: My Client is a leading global pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving health and well-being around the world. With a commitment to innovation and excellence, we strive to advance medical science and deliver high-quality healthcare solutions.
Job Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced IT Category Manager to join our dynamic team in Germany. As the IT Category Manager, you will play a crucial role in managing and optimizing the IT procurement process. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing initiatives, negotiating contracts, and ensuring the efficient and cost-effective procurement of IT goods and services.
Strategic Sourcing: Develop and execute comprehensive sourcing strategies for IT products and services, considering market trends, supplier capabilities, and cost optimization.
Vendor Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with IT vendors, negotiating contracts and ensuring compliance with contractual agreements.
Cost Optimization: Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements within the IT procurement process while maintaining high-quality standards.
Risk Management: Assess and mitigate risks related to IT procurement, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including IT, legal, and finance, to align procurement strategies with overall business objectives.
Market Intelligence: Stay abreast of industry trends, technological advancements, and market dynamics to inform decision-making and maintain a competitive advantage.
Contract Negotiation: Lead negotiations with IT suppliers to secure favorable terms and conditions, ensuring value for money and minimizing contractual risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, or a related field; MBA or relevant professional certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience as an IT Category Manager or in a similar role within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- In-depth knowledge of IT procurement processes, market trends, and legal aspects.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data and make data-driven decisions.
- Fluency in German and English is required.