Transportation Supervisor (Leading Food & Beverage Company)
An exciting leading Food & Beverage Company is now looking to hire a top performing Transportation Supervisor to join their team. This role takes responsibility for bridging the gap between their driver team and upper management, while providing support for transportation associates, and ensuring the sites are performing and meeting/exceeding targets. Their organization offers a superb base salary, benefits that come with a large company, and stable organizational growth!
- Oversee the daily work and safety of Transportation Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, Food Safety Standards and preferred work methods, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Guarantee Transportation Associates comply with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies (i.e., DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget; prepares work schedules including extra workdays and shifts as needed.
- Analyze delivery functions and productivity reporting; suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of delivery changes.
- Maintains positive associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent degree; and two to four years transportation experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License is preferred but not required.
- Certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.