Supply Chain Manager
- Location: Asheville, NC
- Level: Manager
- Working Situation: Onsite
Our transportation manufacturing industry client is looking for a new Supply Chain Manager that will manage and lead the supply chain, which is broken down into the: Master Scheduling, Materials Planning, Warehouse Management, Receiving, Sequencing, Shipping, and Inventory Control in Asheville and its offsite locations. The Supply Chain Manager will report into the Plant Manager and have several direct reports to grow with.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have end to end supply chain experience, ideally with a deep knowledge in SAP and customer scheduling systems such as EDI, along with a plastics or chemicals background. Additionally, be able to put forward creative solutions when dealing with overseas vendors, management if inbound inventory, and new ways to reduce costs within the line. Lastly, you must have the initiative and drive to face the challenge of the exciting new projects our client is beginning and facilitating the change that comes with it!
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for:
- Continuously improve inventory days, including implementing a strategy to absorb increase/decrease in customer volume without impact to ongoing operations. Optimizes / minimizes plant-wide inventory with proper safety stock.
- Coordinates the system for new product launches, including SAP master data, initial inventory build-up, purchase order establishment, and forecasts, by implementing and maintaining best-practice materials settings and reporting.
- Responsible to drive and maintain 95% inventory accuracy, cycle count program and semi-annual physical inventory reconciliation program.
- Lead annual Budget / Plan development for Materials, Freight, Packaging and Nonproduction purchasing areas and ongoing controlling to ensure actual trend is in line or better than established plan by driving Continuous optimization of the supply chain processes and costs.
The Supply Chain Manager will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain
- Certifications in APICX preferred
- Experience in the automotive or plastics industry
- Open to the 8-5 schedule w/ an occasional weekend day depending on the happenings at the plant
- Low $120k's with upt o a 20% bonus structure
- Employee Stock Options
- 401k with up to a 4% match, Competitive dental and health