Strategic Commodity Procurement Manager open position for a world leading consumer goods company
- Location : Piscataway, NJ
My client, a leading consumer goods company, is looking for a Strategic Commodity Procurement Manager to join their expanding team. This position is responsible for developing and implementing global sourcing initiatives for resins and petrochemical related commodities.
This role will define risk management programs, sustainability, market trends, and volatility.
- Define and lead sourcing plans and commodity risk management strategy
- Look at market trends and figure out where the commodity needs to go to have a sustainable future
- Build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders and lead negotiations
- Lead continuous improvement programs
- Find new best practices and ensure the supply, cost, quality, and service of the materials
- 7+ years' experience within procurement/sourcing/purchasing
- 5+ years in commodity risk management and or corporate hedging sales/trading
- Strong understanding of petrochemicals and resins
- Flexible and able to learn quickly
- Firm understanding of executing strategies and market intelligence
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree