A leading speciality chemicals company are looking for a Strategic buyer for their Transportation/Warehousing.
With over 14,000 employees in 30+ countries, they are an established company on the global market. Sustainability and responsibility are also key factors behind their successful business operations as they help them to become an even more efficient and competitive company while also supporting their social goals such as protecting the environment.
- Strategic buyer - Transportation/Warehousing.
- Steering of tender processes for domestic UK transportation demand in consideration of regional transport procurement strategies.
- Development of local procurement strategy and execution of negotiations for local 3rd party warehousing services for different businesses and sites in alignment with supply chain requirements.
- Commercial responsibility for customs broker services necessary for inbound and outbound clearances.
- Contract management for all contract and price agreements for services in area of responsibility.
- Supplier performance reviews and local claim management.
- Installing and continuous optimisation of procurement process and standards in coordination with the Global Business Service Centre and business responsible on domestic transportation, warehousing and customs related services for sites.
- Ongoing local transportation and warehousing market observation and monitoring.
- Acting as local interface for global and local providers of ocean, freight forwarding and related services in the UK.
Skills and experience required:
- Deep functional knowledge of transportation processes and storage requirements.
- Excellent team working and communication skills to be able to work collaboratively.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and presentation skills
- Previous experience with SAP as ERP system essential
- Networking skills to manage multiple interfaces
- Readiness to travel mainly domestically
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you, apply below for a confidential discussion, or contact me directly on: 020 3758 8808.