Sr. Manager Materials Planning Job Description:
Job Title: Senior Manager Materials Planning
Company Profile: A fast growing, luxury electric automotive company is looking for an experienced Sr. Manager of Material Planning to join their team in Casa Grande, AZ. This position requires an ambitious professional that demonstrates leadership skills to improve and drive the material planning department and help launch new plants and products for a company that is shaping the future in revolutionary and innovative ways.
The Senior Manager of Material Planning will be responsible for:
- Material Follow Up (MFU) activities, Engineering Change Control, and Inventory Management
- Leading a team of 3 material planning teams
- Creating and implementing strategies, policies and procedures to streamline and improve operational performance
- Ensuring plans, schedules, KPIs, and different metrics are available on a regular basis to report
- Supervise the planning and ordering of time-critical materials, while minimizing freight costs and avoiding both shortages and overages
The Senior Manager of Material Planning should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Finance discipline.
- 5 years' minimum experience in manufacturing environment and material planning
- At least 2 years of direct leadership experience
- Previous SAP and/or ERP systems experience
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards ad launch procedures like TS16949 and core tools (APQP & Control Plan, PFMEA, MSA, SPS, PPAP), IMDS, etc.
- CPIM, APICS or other certifications preferred