A leading Manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Sr Buyer Supply Chain Specialist to join their growing team in Birmingham, AL.
- Drive supplier selection process through Purchasing and supply chain best practices
- Assess New and existing supplier Capabilities for product, cost, quality and capacity
- Drive improvements internal and external utilizing Lean Methodology.
- Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methodologies, supplier scorecards and ensuring supplier compliance, whilst driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver value
- Contribute to end to end supply chain continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for annual spend between $50M - $150M
- Develop long term strategic sourcing strategies
- Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities for responsible categories
- Lean expert and Kaizen leader
- Creates an environment that celebrates and rewards performance excellence in clear tangible ways
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- 2-5 years of sourcing experience
- Experience leading change in complex transformational activities.
- Implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to procurement operations.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting KPI goals, including reducing supply chain costs, improving through-put, shortening cycle time, and improving inventory turns.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is highly preferred