Autonomous Start Up Seeking Product Design Engineer
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Competitive compensation + relocation assistance
A rapidly growing autonomous start up specializing in autonomous flight and aerial transportation is looking for a talented, motivated, and innovative Product Design Engineer.
This cutting-edge hardware and software combine a deep knowledge of artificial intelligence and state-of-the art autonomy with an operational prowess to equip a wider, more diverse array of drone users from different industries. If placed, you will help create, design, and innovate the structures, mechanisms and solutions that bring the powers of autonomous flight to a larger audience!
If interested apply now!
- Create and develop mechanical parts and assemblies for aircrafts, ground stations, as well as key accessories from the ground-up
- Shape and integrate custom PCBAs, flex circuits, antennas, and cable harnesses
- Push designs through prototyping to pre-production and into mass production, while supporting internal manufacturing and factory teams with assembly processes, quality and inspection criteria
- Analyze and correct potential failure with a high level of attention to detail
- 3+ years of product development experience
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering strongly preferred
- Ability analytically problem solve with engineering fundamentals to create designs for a high level electromechanical system
- Mastery of 3D CAD, specifically as used in developing complex assemblies; experience with CATIA strongly preferred
- Excellent sense of how best to prototype quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for elegant mechanical design at the highest and lowest levels of detail.
- A strategic mind across the full design, source, build, validate, and ship process. Proven ability to make tactical decisions at various stages.