- Will lead all facets of project management for the fulfillment center (planning, implementation, execution, completion, reporting, etc).
- Regularly communicates project updates and timelines to senior management, cross-functional teams, and others as needed.
- Responsible for all components of shipping carrier management - inclusive of negotiations and on-going service & savings enhancements
- Responsible for budget development and ability to ensure direct reports success in managing the budget for their area(s) of responsibility.
- Cross-functional responsibilities to assist in management and negotiations of key vendors within the Operations network.
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Business MBA desired.
- 3+ years project management experience; Project Management Certification (PMP) or equivalent desired.
- 3-5+ years of Shipping carrier management (inclusive of leading negotiations)
- 5+ years' experience in high-volume fulfillment center operations
- Proven leadership skills. Can convey the company vision, mission, and strategic direction to associates.
- Team player with the ability to put the goals of the organization over their individual, team, and departmental goals.
- Strong negotiation experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to continuously challenge the set methods, processes, and standards. Must be able to drive significant change routinely thinking outside the box.
- Can identify problems and can make quick decisions with a minimum of information at hand.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, juggling multiple and sometimes shifting priorities in an organized manner.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Experience in all facets of budget controls.