Commodity Manager - Hot Stampings
Evaluates, selects, and manages Suppliers for serial production commodities within (PHS) and Roll Forming/ Tube forming, Metal forming, Tube Mill, Hydroform Tubes parts throughout the vehicle. Conducts research and analysis necessary to recommend sourcing strategies. Executes sourcing strategies to maximize opportunity, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Engages Suppliers to cultivate relationships and to maintain positive standing in industry. Manages RFI/RFQ process including preparation of all requirements and Statements of Work. Analyzes supplier proposals in comparison to success criteria and applicable benchmarks. Negotiates cost and terms. Monitors Supplier performance and manages gaps. This position requires knowledge of Procurement and Manufacturing principles as well as the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Examples of Duties:
- Conducts research of market conditions and relevant SWOT analysis to gather data for strategic planning.
- Investigates technology roadmaps of industry and key suppliers to anticipate opportunities.
- Recommends & executes commodity sourcing strategies.
- Identifies Supplier candidates, establishes relationship to facilitate quoting process.
- Organizes and leads Technical Review meetings with candidate Suppliers and Engineering, resolves disconnect in specifications between candidates.
- Prepares comprehensive RFI/RFQ packages and manages RFI/RFQ process to ensure accuracy.
- Works with Supplier candidates and internal team to achieve best total landed cost.
- Works with team members to construct approval package for leadership consideration, including objective evaluation of key elements such as cost, quality & delivery.
- Visits Suppliers to conduct on-site negotiations and business review meetings.
- Audit tooling and unit costs through review of supplier evidence & through on-site visitation.
- Recommends cost reduction targets, negotiates annual productivity cost reductions, conducts VA/VE review with Supplier and team members and drives results.
- Tracks, monitors and updates material sourcing agreements as per pre-negotiated mechanisms.
- Manage material sourcing agreement in Oracle.
- Monitors suppliers' performance and works with Supplier and team members to escalate issues and quickly resolve gaps.
- Reviews ECR's during program development and in production, judges competitiveness and negotiates.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Procurement principles including strategic sourcing and legal aspects of purchasing.
- Knowledge of EV and Automotive supply base.
- Knowledge of materials, products, manufacturing processes and market conditions in area of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in complex communications such as negotiation and problem resolution.
- Skill in construction and utilization of cost models in commercial negotiation.
- Ability to analyze supplier's cost breakdown and to judge competitiveness.
- Ability to prepare for and directly negotiate commercial agreements such as Statements of Work.
- Ability to benchmark processes for efficiency and cost.
- Experience with Oracle/SAP ERP, Excel (Advanced), MS officesuite
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 6 years of Procurement experience; Or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with Automotive / Electric Vehicle Commodities
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and data-driven decision making.
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas.
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution.
- Consumer Electronics
- Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
- Supply Chain