Title: Quality Assurance Manager
One of the leading manufacturers of frozen meat-based snacks and cuisine, is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who will join the management team at their manufacturing facility in the Boston metropolitan area. In terms of oversight, the hired individual will have three supervisors as direct reports, with each having four employees underneath the three of them.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for:
- Assisting in investigating customer complaints
- Coordinating with the Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety to develop and implement policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Ensuring that product quality and integrity is consistently in conformance with quality specifications throughout the process of raw materials to finished product.
- Work with FDA and USDA Regulators as necessary
- Serve as lead SQF Practitioner with Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety and Food Safety Manager as back-ups.
The Quality Assurance Manager should have the following qualifications
- Bachelor's in Food Science, Safety, Biology, or any other related field
- At least 5-8 years of management in the food and beverage industry
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and Total Quality Management is preferred