Materials & Planning Manager
- Location: Columbus, GA
A nationally growing medical device organization is looking for a Materials & Planning Manager to oversee all aspects of production scheduling and raw material planning in the facility to support customer demand. They will be the top-level owner of the ordering process and ensuring the planning organization is making the necessary changes to support demand.
The Materials & Planning Manager is responsible for leading the on-time delivery improvement efforts around direct short lead time and identifying any gaps in the processes. The Materials Manager will also work with cross-functional teams to identify and close these gaps in the distribution, freight, and inventory model.
The Materials Manager will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures designed to improve the receiving, storing, distribution and shipment of goods
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize materials' availability
- Identify barriers, establish priorities, evaluate practices, and develop plans to ensure successful production control operations
- Establish goals, monitor and manage performance related to KPIs
- Drive MRB and processing of discrepant materials reports
- Write and/or revise SOPs in accordance with ISO standards
The ideal Materials Manager will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, or related fields
- 5+ years' of materials management experience
- APICS or ISM certification preferred
- Highly detail oriented