Materials & Planning Manager - Pharma Industry
- Location: Houston, TX
A nationally growing pharmaceuticals organization is looking for a Materials & Planning Manager to oversee all aspects of production scheduling and raw material planning in the facility to support customer demand. They will be the top-level owner of the ordering process and ensuring the planning organization is making the necessary changes to support demand. Our client is anticipating a high level of grow in their customer demand, and are rapidly expanding at this time!
The Materials & Planning Manager is responsible for leading the on-time delivery improvement efforts around direct short lead time and identifying any gaps in the processes. The Materials Manager will also work with cross-functional teams to identify and close these gaps in the distribution, freight, and inventory model.
The Materials & Planning Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures designed to improve the receiving, storing, distribution and shipment of goods
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize materials' availability
- Establish goals, monitor and manage performance related to KPIs
- Drive MRB and processing of discrepant materials reports
- Write and/or revise SOPs in accordance with ISO standards
- Train and develop employees with working in the ERP Oracle system
The ideal Materials & Planning Manager will have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, or related fields
- 4+ years' of materials management experience
- APICS or ISM certification preferred
- Pharmaceutical or chemical industry experience is required