DSJ Global is currently partnered with one of the leading Packaging companies in the US seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager to join their team in Fullerton, CA. The CI Manager is responsible for driving a Lean cultural transformation in the plants, ensuring a high level of commitment and excitement with Lean plant experts, plant leadership and floor employees.
- Work with the Director of Lean Deployment, Plant Manager, and on-site Lean experts in identifying activities, values and selecting Kaizen events and ensure proper resourcing and preparation for those events.
- Ensure Lean activities are linked to the business objectives and develop a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Ensure pre-event training, preparation for events, development and implementation of a communication plan, post event follow-up and auditing of results, prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentoring KPO team members.
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Teach Lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree is Required (Engineering field of study preferred)
- 2-3 years of Manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 1 years in a position responsible for driving Lean manufacturing initiatives in complex manufacturing facilities.
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience changing a culture to a Lean environment.
- Experience successfully leading and directing employees who are not direct reports.
- Personal experience in participation in or leading Kaizen events.