Lead Functional Safety Engineer Needed for Leading Manufacturing Organization
A $2.2B Automotive Supplier is looking to add a Lead Functional Safety Engineer to their rapidly growing organization in Michigan! This Lead Functional Safety Engineer would establish a functional safety process and culture. Working closely with departmental groups including systems engineering, software engineering, and validation teams, this engineer would achieve safety lifecycle requirements.
If you are a leader looking for a challenging opportunity - apply!
The Lead Functional Safety Engineer would:
- Perform safety-related analysis to derive and specify safety concepts and requirements for electromechanical brake solutions.
- Support project teams in preparing work products following the safety lifecycle with respect to Systems, SW, and HW engineering.
- Collaborate with System, SW, and HW design teams to provide a robust design solution that achieves the required safety goals.
The Lead Functional Safety Engineer would have the following qualifications:
- Master's degree(preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Track record showing strong project leadership skills
- Strong understanding of functional safety and its process level implementation
- In-depth working experience from safety concept to detailed safety requirements
- Experience in embedded system development for mechatronic systems
- Experience with ISO-26262 standard and its process level implementation
- Strong understanding of the V-Model development process and requirements based development
- Experience in safety analysis such as HARA, FMEA, and FTA