We are seeking individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the work they do and will help support our company vision "To be the world's leading cannabis company by leading the world in cannabis education, accessibility and customer satisfaction with high-quality products backed by science."
Summary : Rapid expansion has created a fantastic environment for a star performer to drive significant cost improvements for a rapidly growing organization that has grown 5 fold in the last 3 years. This is a key role for a leader with dynamic sourcing experience working with small to medium sized vendors and national and global providers. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for an annual spend of >$40M. The Purchasing Manager's responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities. Expected to design, implement and manage a Purchasing process for fast growing organization with multiple sites, and remote buying team members. Ensure cultivation, packaging and processing departments are all supplied with required materials on time, in spec, and within budget. Manage a team of buyers and Inventory Specialists both in person and remote. Work with Corporate Purchasing team as needed to ensure central purchasing efforts are aligned with local efforts. Design and manage an inventory control and tracking process in the absence of an ERP solution in the short term. Ensure periodic physical counts are performed and documented. Coordinate with Corporate Finance teams to reconcile monthly closing inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and manage the Purchasing process to be utilized by all requisitioners, buyers, and warehouse/receiving personnel. In the absence of an ERP system, we need to track all Pos placed, buying process, receiving process, and ensure prompt payment to suppliers. This process needs to support that criteria.
- Manage team of buyers assigned to support separate functional areas of the business. This includes, recruiting, hiring, training, and coaching buying team.
- Develop a long term Purchasing strategy to ensure current process is scalable and portable as demand dictates.
- Design and manage an inventory control process to be utilized by all warehouse personnel. In the absence of an ERP system all inventory transactions need to be documented and inventory accuracy is integral to the success of this function
- Manage daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Manage supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinate with inventory control/warehouse personnel to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and develop all warehouse personnel regarding inventory management
- Understand principles of accounting and finance, and inventory management
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
Education And/or Experience
4 year degree or 10 years of purchasing or supply chain in lieu of a degree
5 years leadership experience in a purchasing or comparable role supervising multiple buyers sourcing end to end categories of a consumer product
- Strong knowledge of vendor qualification and product spec in a regulated industry (food, beverage, pharma, etc.)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills Strong Excel Experience Desired