An established market leader in the sustainable packaging industry is looking for a new Head of Logistics for their operations in Magdeburg.
This is a position which will require strong leadership skills and the ambition and drive to lead the entire site and make decisions which will impact the future direction of the company.
This is a company with 20,000 employees world wide and have been a long established global player which specialise in producing 100% renewable plastic packaging for the FMCG industry.
- Technical and disciplinary management of the logistics area (approx. 10 employees) taking into account the company's goals
- Ensuring a smooth delivery process in close cooperation with the areas of supply chain (customer care, production planning, purchasing) and production
- Training and education of employees
- Organisation of internal, national and international goods
- Proactive participation in the continuous optimisation of internal processes as well as further development of logistics and stocks
- Management and implementation of inventories as well as regular inventory controls, waste management
- Compliance with and optimisation of operational safety standards
- Completed university degree or training with demonstrable experience and specialist knowledge in the field of logistics, preferably in a manufacturing company
- Several years experience
- A structured and results-oriented way of working with a hands-on mentality
- Very good IT user skills (MS Office, Oracle, GSF)
- High level of commitment as well as an independent and proactive working style
- Experience in project work is desirable
- Fluent in English & German
- Creative leeway in a demanding management position with plenty of freedom for personal initiative
- Varied, independent work in an international environment with personal development opportunities
- Team-oriented, collegial working atmosphere with short distances and open communication