Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
They're looking for an exceptional Head of Fleet & Auction Purchasing to join their fast-growing team, helping to transform the way people buy cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
As Head of Fleet Purchasing, you will manage the department responsible for purchasing used cars.
Your team buys large quantities of used cars across Europe through various channels. You are responsible for the procurement of individual vehicles via auctions as well as the purchase of fleets. You are also responsible for the strategic direction and control of this area. You will work directly with the EU Director of Purchasing.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices.
What You'll Be Doing
- Portfolio planning: You will manage the overall range planning with our data-driven approach and be responsible for the profitability, variation and volume of our used car inventory.
- Strategic Relationship development: You will work closely with our stakeholders to deliver sustainable procurement performance and use effective communication skills to lead key initiatives. You will ensure the development of strong new strategic partnerships for future business models, anchoring them and driving continuous improvement of strategic deals & processes.
- Team leadership: You lead, manage and organise a team that reports to you directly. You are the "face" of the Fleet and Auction Purchasing team and responsible for all expansion plans. Your goal is to ensure a professional, respectful and collaborative approach and interaction within the team.
- Process optimisation/development & data controlling: The further development and optimisation of the purchasing processes are your responsibility. You keep track of data analysis and improve our calculations by evaluating the digital data that forms the basis for our decisions
Required Skills And Experience
- Several years of relevant professional and leadership experience from the (digital) automotive environment (experience with large scale car buying)
- Proven experience in building high potential strategic business relationships and driving commercial performance as well as process improvements.
- Data driven - ability to define and track all relevant KPIs
- Understand and challenge performance changes, present data insights and actions to stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Structured and goal-oriented approach with a clear vision of the corporate strategy.
- An excellent communicator, able to influence, persuade, listen and inspire
- You fully embrace the guiding principle of "adding value" to your work, achieving a sustainable impact and willing to go the "extra mile" to do so.
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide
- French native; business fluent English; other EU languages are a plus.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer annual bonus, company shares, benefits package and an extra day for your birthday along with 25 annual leavers. You will receive enhanced medical cover and employee discount of the company offerings. You will enjoy our international and friendly WE Work working space, in the heart of Paris.