I am currently working with a leading bio-tech company that has operations in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. They are currently looking for an experienced procurement expert to join their expanding team in Amsterdam as a Global Sourcing Manager for Professional Services.
The business is experiencing high growth and expects this to continue over the coming months, so it's an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious company in a hugely rewarding industry!
About the role
You will work closely together with internal stakeholders in Europe and Global teams in close cooperation with the functions (like HR, Finance, Marketing, R&D and IT) to support and help define the business's requirements for the services in scope. Together with your manager, you design the procurement strategy and lead global and regional tender processes. You will be a true business partner for our internal stakeholders.
- Initiate the strategic sourcing activities with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving service quality or vendor service levels.
- Identify, evaluate & select suppliers, negotiate and close framework-agreements of Global & EU region services.
- Drive product demand optimization throughout the company via collaboration with the relevant business units.
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers, markets & trends.
- Perform best-in-class negotiation processes via analysis of supply & demand trends.
- Establish and manage global and regional relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor performances of vendors and their compliance with their commitments.
- Address & solve operational issues with suppliers.
- Provide guidance and guidelines to the regional and local procurement personnel.
To be successful in this role you have a degree in a relevant field and relevant experience in strategic procurement. Off course you bring experience in negotiating framework agreements in the relevant fields from professional services processes.
- Experience in working in an international environment and leading cross functional teams.
- Demonstrable track record of success in managing complex, cross-functional activities and developing and executing key procurement processes.
- You have a strategic mindset with a strong can-do mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication and supplier relations skills.
- When the discussions are heated you keep cool, know how to influence and will have clear communication style.