I am currently representing a world-leading pharmaceutical firm that has its base of operations in London. They are looking for a seasoned procurement professional with 15+ years working within direct spend categories and has experience leading large teams and managing significantly large spends.
Interested? Please apply with your CV via this link, send your CV via Linked In or to my email
Your responsibilities will include:
* Lead, motivate and develop the global Direct Procurement team (c. 135 FTEs) to manage all supplier relationships with the highest ethical standards and to support the business growth ambition
* Define the overall purchasing strategy ensuring category strategies are defined and implemented. Develop ways of working to best in class global strategic procurement standards to develop competitive advantages
- Protect the business against financial exposure, price volatility, legal, and intellectual property risk through appropriate commercial and contractual agreements with third parties.
- Engage and develop influential relationships with key suppliers. Enhance and nurture supplier relationships in Directs Procurement to ensure alignment on contract and relationship outcomes and bring innovation from external sources including our supply base and industry/functional best practices.
- Ensure supply continuity through effective contracting and supplier partnering, playing a critical role in overall supply chain service metrics. Role holder and team have accountability to ensure available of supply for raw materials, partnering with supply chain and manufacturing sites to ensure appropriate inventory and ordering practices for key raw materials.
-Degree in business or technical field. Masters' degree would be preferable
- Extensive experience of operational Procurement or related fields with increasing responsibilities
-Experience working within a global environment and operating across multiple countries and regions
-Specialism in manufacturing/materials procurement but ideally with understanding and experience of a broad range of category management
-Experience creating compelling business cases, global project rollout and change management