The Global Direct Procurement Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective procurement of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), chemical raw materials, excipients, components, devices and packaging to support the commercial Products, as well as for specific NPDs.
The scope of the Global Direct Procurement Manager includes the global ownership and oversight of specific Raw Material, API, device and component supplier relationships and their performance including their financial structuring, and security of Supply. The scope also includes strategic sourcing and business continuity activities in partnership with Manufacturing Supply, Quality and R&D.
· Ensure effective management of strategic suppliers with view to building long term strategies
· Identify and develop action plans in support of the overall strategy.
· Implement and lead global strategic sourcing activities in partnership with relevant functions
· Ensure the on time and quality supply of all active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, components, devices and other raw materials for commercial manufacture at my clients external supplier locations.
· Independently manage and develop supplier relationships, to ensure security of supply, supplier performance and innovation
· Measure performance against specified criteria, i.e. supplier performance metrics, financial quarter COGs assumption analysis, PPV reports, and milestone plans.
· Support delivery of NPD/EPD projects, taking ownership of all commercial aspects.
· Independently negotiate, maintain and renew supplier contracts. Collaborates with Stakeholders to support planning, budgeting and risk management activities for their functions.
· SAP: Maintain raw materials pricing and raise occasional indirect POs
Your Qualifications and Skills
· MSc/BSc in Life Sciences, Business, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or other related fields.
· Minimum 6 years of procurement or sourcing experience in Direct spend categories including active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, packaging, components and contract manufacturing services within the pharmaceutical or similar industry.
· Professional certifications relevant to Supply and Procurement greatly desired.
· Strongly developed supplier relationship skills with demonstrated delivery of increased value to your organization.
· Demonstrated results in building successful stakeholder relationships, creating collaborative sourcing strategies and delivering benefits to the business.
· Strong change agent with proven ability to manage long cycle projects.
· Strong financial analysis and negotiating skills.
· Change management experience. Able to identify and deliver transformational opportunities successfully.
· Experience with management and drive of cross-functional projects, including the use of structured change controls processes and tools.
· Extensive knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, negotiations and contracting skills.
· Competent user of all relevant software packages (eg SAP ERP, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)