A leader in the medical industry is looking for a Firmware Engineer to join their San Diego plant where they manufacture innovative post-surgery pain management equipment.
- Develop embedded firmware for the Company's next generation medical systems.
- Manage all phases of the software development life cycle in a medical device environment, from initial concept through verification testing to market release, and post-market technical support.
- Document all phases of development within the Company's document control system (e.g., software requirements specifications, risk analyses, verification protocols/reports, etc.).
- Draft and submit disclosures relating to new Intellectual Property.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience developing real-time embedded applications using C/C++.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in medical device (or other highly regulated) environment.
- Recent experience developing embedded applications for STMicro (STM32-family) and Renesas (RXfamily) microcontrollers desirable.
- Must have experience with I2C, SPI, USB, LCD, and LED interfaces.