Director of Supply Chain
- Location: Greensboro, NC
- Level: Director
- Working Situation: Onsite
Our outdoor goods industry client is looking for a new Director of Supply Chain is responsible for maintaining target service levels, customer experience metrics, and optimal finished good inventory levels in the client's distribution network. They will also be integral in implementing new S&OP processes and leading monthly meetings with the financial and strategic planning teams. They will also be over seeing Demand Planning, Production Planning, and Finished Good Planning. This role with report into the VP of Supply Chain.
Overall, the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of planning when it distribution of finished goods, full scope. They will also have APICS certification, great leadership skills, and the ability to analyze and resolve complex problems.
The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for:
- Forming and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Manage purchasing department to include providing objectives, coaching, and guidance to the team. Achieve results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching and counseling employees.
- Establish goals and work processes which minimize costs while increasing efficiencies. Reevaluate and improve such processes as necessary. Communicate improvement recommendations to leadership for discussion and possible implementation.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
The Director of Supply Chain will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Planning Preferred)
- 10+ years of manufacturing and distribution
- 5+ years of S&OP implementation
- Made To Stock Manufacturing
- Project Management
- MS Proficiency
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Competitive PTO
- 401k Matching