The Director, Logistics & Warehousing, leads and oversees the distribution, logistics and warehouse functions to achieve organizational objectives, optimize performance metrics and meet customer needs. This position leads safety initiatives, creates and executes functional strategies, plans and procedures, and drives continuous improvement in costs, inventories and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates a positive and proactive safety culture. Demonstrates strong commitment and leadership to providing a sustainable, safe, and healthful work environment. Ensures full compliance with all applicable company and regulatory environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Promotes, supports and ensures compliance with all food safety and quality practices, policies, and initiatives.
- Clearly communicates and strongly endorses company safety, security, food safety and quality policies, procedures and expectations to all employees.
- Manages continuous improvement in inbound and outbound supply chain efficiencies through traffic management objectives and goals.
- Manages Key Performance Indicators to include delivery cost, load utilization and outside storage cost.
- Using Supply Chain planning tools and inventory replenishment methodologies, manages daily outside warehouse inventory and warehouse transfers.
- Negotiates favorable rates and terms on materials and logistics services.
- Creates, implements and periodically reviews strategic and tactical plans to achieve warehouse operational objectives.
- Works with the team to develop, implement, and enforce warehouse and logistics operation systems that create more efficiencies.
- Constantly evaluates and improves warehouse processes and procedures.
- Manages and monitors inventory levels to ensure accuracy and optimal utilization.
- Manages team and team member performance and development.
- Evaluates and plans facilities and warehouse equipment to support future growth.
- Effectively operates and utilizes ERP, WMS software, and MS Office applications.
- Reviews performance via financial reports and other means. Detects and analyzes trends in performance to identify problems and opportunities and takes appropriate actions to correct or sustain trends as necessary.
- A./B.S. degree in Supply Chain or closely related field
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Able to define and analyze problems, collect and understand pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and implement corrective actions
- Competent with ERP Planning and WMS systems
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Excel Spreadsheet, MS Word software and Logistics software.
- Able to successfully develop, manage and lead cross functional projects