A nationwide facility services company offering the full range of design, engineering, construction, management, energy and lighting solutions is looking to add a Director of Supply Chain to their team. Their team of industry experts provides planning, design and management, from the building envelope to mechanical and plumbing systems, central energy plants and energy efficiency, lighting systems, and building controls. The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for maximizing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing production/manufacturing operation. The successful candidate will execute strategic programs contracts, creating and analyzing bids and making recommendations as to improve profitability through strategic sourcing and data-driven decision-making.
- Work with program management, product development, risk management, and operations to ensure effective sourcing of materials to meet specifications, material requirements, and pricing from suppliers.
- Establish and maintain group purchasing system for divisions and our subcontractor network and evaluate usage of system across the company; develop corrective actions to assure stronger compliance.
- Actively seek creative supply solution to optimize cost and value equation.
- Develop relationship in the marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes which may impact various business management programs as it relates to pricing trends and new products.
- Add value to the senior management team. Be an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
- Monitor and report on cost trends impacting product categories.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities, transportation cost, and supplier reputation and performance history.
- Negotiate resolution with suppliers relative to quality and service issues. Provide feedback to senior level representatives of suppliers on quality and deliver performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
- Utilize strategic sourcing tools to sustain continuous cost reduction initiatives for product BOM cost
- 10+ years experience in supply chain management experience; preference in construction and/or services business
- Distributor and/or OEM distribution experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in team environment.
- Previous experience in category product sourcing including working with distributors, manufacturers, and subcontractors
- MBA preferred, BA degree in business, supply chain management.
- APICS or other related purchasing certificate desired.
If interested in the Director of Supply Chain role, please apply today.