Role: Director of R&D
Location: Largo, Florida
Industry: Medical Device
DSJ Global is currently partnered with an industry-leading Medical Device company, known for the continuous production of life-saving/changing products. With a successful track record in developing new medical devices/products, this company is looking to expand its team with a Director of R&D Engineering. Based in Largo, Florida, this company will provide an engaging dynamic combined with a fast-paced work environment. If you are a self-motivated and intellectually curious individual, don't wait - apply now!
The Director of R&D Engineering manages and directs specialized engineers working on programs to meet organizational needs and to capitalize on new products.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to management.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Independently defines project; establishes budgets; identifies participants and mitigates risk
The Director of R&D should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering (Masters degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in product development, with at least 7 in a leadership/managerial role
- Proven track record in managing large teams
- Strong communication skills are a must for this position
- Competitive compensation with benefits package
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability insurances
- 401(k) with company match
This position is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship