The Director of Manufacturing Operations will have regional scope, and work with two other directors. You will be responsible for managing, planning, and coordinating manufacturing activities to ensure reliability while maximizing supply chain and facility productivity consistent with the company values and policies.
- Responsible for meeting production plan & delivering high quality products to clients in a timely fashion and cost-efficient manner.
- Manage, develop, direct and supervise plant managers.
- Maintain compliance with safety rules, SOP's in accordance with all company and outside regulatory policies.
- Provide operational expertise and representation on a cross functional business unit.
- Assess Plant Performance through a comprehensive set of KPI's. Track productivity and performance for all lines while meeting and exceeding efficiency standards.
- Formulate and implement manufacturing policies and procedures that support company objectives, including reviews while taking corrective action as needed.
- Oversee the creation, revision, and install of tactical and strategic plans that provide the direction and focus needed to successfully achieve the business objectives, including employee safety and quality.
- Develop and maintains technical knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Support succession planning and maintain staff by assisting with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. Identify and develop personal growth opportunities for plant manager and middle managers.
- Ensure the manufacturing operations comply with safety, quality and GMP requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in food science, supply chain, engineering, management, finance or other related technical field. 10+ years of related experience with 3+ years in a senior management or director role.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred. USDA experience beneficial.
- Advanced management and leadership skills. Must have a demonstrated track record of successfully executing within manufacturing environment supporting manufacturing/ production issues, in a FDA-regulated manufacturing environment.
- Previous Experience in supervision of teams, managing manufacturing processes, tracking budget expenses, production planning, strategic planning, dealing with complexity, financial planning and strategy in food manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; able to efficiently communicate with cross-functional teams and management on recommended course of action, with minimal assistance.
- The person should be able make decisions on the operational processes when unplanned events arise. Should be able to analyze complex problems or situations and provide path forward.
- Contacts to interact with but not limited to are: Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing Science, Supply Chain and Manufacturing. In addition maintain communications with Vendors and Consultants.
- Ability to travel up to 60%