- Lead and direct New Product Development (NPD) projects for automotive fuses and related products by:
* Conducting technical requirements analysis and identifying key product specifications based on market/customer requirements
* Overseeing all aspects of NPD projects to ensure completion within expected specifications and time frame.
* Independently designing, developing, and modifying fuse products and associated technologies
* Evaluating standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet requirements for fuse NPD projects or enhancements
* Directing innovative development of solutions to complex technical problems where no precedent might exist
- Support winning new fuse business and related product developments by:
* Working closely with Application Design Engineers, Technical Marketing, and Costing teams
* Identifying and driving fuse designs that can properly fit with Littelfuse's PCP products (existing/new concept into the funnel) and Tier 1s / OEM's expectations
* Developing 3D models and prototypes to establish feasibility of pre-development concepts
- Provide state-of-the art, value-add analytical methods to reduce NPD times by:
* Conducting and coordinating thermal, mechanical, and dimensional analyses and simulations
* Evaluating results of analyses and simulations, and implements into designs
* Conducting & coordinating experimental tests to improve designs and validate simulations
- Collaborate & communicate with global team:
* Prepare reports, technical specifications, engineering drawings, and leads project and design review
* Support validation matrix/plan definition (pre-DV, DV, PV phase) during the RFQ and the NPD phases.
* Conduct experimental tests and evaluates results
* Support the validation team with value-add information from OEM's / Tier 1s requirement analysis and problem solving.
* Follow up on benchmark test setup and customer requirement analysis in co-operation with ADE, TM, & validation team for competitive analysis