Location: Modesto, CA- HYBRID
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Purchasing Manager is responsible for supporting the Operations department by managing and overseeing chemical raw material and packaging purchasing, as well as providing key project reporting for all facilities. The Corporate Purchasing Manager is responsible for the procurement of commodities through the development and implementation of commodity procurement strategies plans and the management of supplier relationships. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, inventory planning, production/usage monitoring, inventory control, quality control, and managing all other members of the purchasing department. The position will require extensive product knowledge.
· Manage and oversee all members of the Purchasing Department.
· Oversee startup and training of new facilities' purchasing team members.
· Research new suppliers and order raw and packaging materials samples.
· Develop and implement vendor management strategies to grow partnerships.
· Assist with vendor supply contracts and maintain authorized files of contracts.
· Collaborate with QA on the development of inbound material specifications and qualification processes to ensure that supplied materials meet organizational needs.
· Ensure vendors can provide products that meet the necessary internal technical requirements.
· Work with Regulatory department and SQF team to ensure all raw materials meet required specifications for Kosher and SQF certifications.
· Maintain vendor DEA Authorized Buyer Forms.
· Responsible for investigating and submitting Supplier Corrective Actions requests to suppliers when off-spec material has been received.
· Interface with management concerning new products and forecast new and existing product usage.
· Develop and execute short- and long-term inventory management plans.
· Coordinate with the production planning process to ensure materials are ordered and arrive on time to meet production needs.
· Prepare complete and accurate purchase orders according to company guidelines.
· Purchase raw materials, tooling and components for custom and standard inventory as well as materials, office supplies and equipment needed for day-to-day operations.
· Process return purchase orders for product that is unacceptable or out-of-spec.
· Expedite and follow up purchase orders as needed.
· Initiate and distribute change notices for purchased items such as changes in specifications, sources, and pricing.
· Find cost cuts and implement process improvements in all areas of Supply Chain.
· Improve inventory accuracy rates by working with Inventory and receiving team.
· Identify root cause of problems, find solutions and implement sustainable corrective actions.
· Manage the control and movement of materials in and out of the manufacturing facilities.
· Direct and oversee all rail shipments for Manufacturing facilities.
· Interface with shipping/receiving personnel regarding incoming and outgoing shipments on a daily basis.