Seeking a high performing, results-focused Continuous Improvement Manager to oversee the continuous improvement/transformation activity for a growing operation. This person will work across the organization with peer CI Managers at other business units, and with the Central CI/Operational Excellence corporate support team to drive best practices and shared learnings and provide technical Lean Six Sigma content expertise and promote the use of Lean Six Sigma techniques to all resources as they work through the project lifecycle.
- Provide direction to resources through mentorship and technical assessment activities.
- Mentor and coach on-site.
- Direct each resource in timely completion of multiple projects per year.
- Assist in developing realistic but aggressive timetables and expectations for the completion of each major phase of a project.
- Conduct regular project reviews and acts as a technical advisor.
- Determine application proficiency of resources and assess readiness.
- Actively lead Lean Manufacturing activities by being a change leader in the business. Influence change in all levels of the business, ensure proper and effective controls and reaction plans are put in place to realize long-term results, provide feedback through voicing concerns and suggesting improvements, and provide core support for training and peer development.
- Lead the continuous improvement team to complete multiple projects annually. Manage continuous product/process improvement activities, resulting in reduced COPQ, DPU (Defects Per Unit), and/or cycle times, and increased productivity and sigma values.
- Conduct Lean Manufacturing training. Plan and organize materials, environment, students, lecturers. Lead and/or assist in planning courses for all levels within the organization.
- Create a positive learning environment that considers students expectations and abilities. Seek to clarify key concepts, check for understanding, and accept and act upon feedback provided.
- Acts as a technical reference to Business Leaders on project development.
- Manage the training curriculum by developing training materials for targeted audiences using appropriate timeframes and following adult learning theory models. Develop concepts and objectives. Explain, demonstrate, provide practical exercises, and summarize concepts. Actively seeks feedback from peers and students to improve current materials.
- Proven ability to apply Lean Manufacturing tools, techniques, and methodologies at multiple levels, both internal and external to the organization is required. Facilitation and Lean Manufacturing skills are desirable.
- Proficient in the use of office automation tools, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Project Management Application, and Internet Applications.
- Demonstrated work experience in multi-functional teams, ability to work with people from different areas or positions within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Aptitude for proficiency in the application of advanced math concepts.
- Analytical/quantitative approach to problem solving - Ability to obtain and use data and is comfortable with statistical tools. Successfully draws conclusions from raw data using statistical, analytical, methods.
- Competitive pay and the opportunity for annual increases, based on job performance.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A matched 401k savings program to plan and save for your retirement
- Paid vacation and time off to ensure time with your family and a work / life balance
- Educational assistance to continue college or pursue other skills and further your career
- Discounts on products for you, your family, and friends
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry is required.
- 4+ year of experience in continuous improvement, lean manufacturing is required.
- Formal Lean Training is required.
- Experience in delivering technical training is required.