Automation and Controls Engineer needed for Medical Device Supplier Company
- Controls Engineer | Entry-Level
- Salary: $65,000-$75,000
- Palm Coast, FL
An Expanding Medical Device Supplier is looking to add an Automation and Controls Engineer to their growing team of passionate, talented individuals!
The Automation and Controls Engineer will implement machine control systems and support the design and manufacturing processes. This engineer will be able to make a real impact at the company, by being involved from prototyping to development!
The Senior Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain machine control systems and support design and manufacture of semi and fully automated processes based on business needs.
- Resolve control related operational issues to maintain uptime on production equipment.
- Support process and product development teams in building control and automation systems for prototype and full production manufacturing equipment.
- Daily work as assigned in a production environment to keep machinery running safely and efficiently to assist in delivering quality product on time.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, order parts and repair production and ancillary equipment in to minimize production downtime.
- Design and build controller systems for new process equipment.
- Retrofit and/or redesign control systems for machines that have outdated or obsolete components.
- Participate as a member of the BU Medical engineering team with input to support of BU Medical's values, strategy, and long-term objectives.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Analytical and mathematical skills with the ability to evaluate and solve electrical control system problems.
- Strong organizational ability and project management skills to keep projects and processes on track.
- Be able to troubleshoot machinery with no schematics.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, and other common PLC's.
- Understanding and familiarity with troubleshooting and fixing board level electronics
- Familiarity with repairing and/or replacing Motor Controllers and drives
- Knowledge of incorporating/repairing Safety Systems (e-stop, etc) on production equipment
- Ability to work on Legacy Machinery
- Ability to design and building of electrical boards.
- Ability to read, create, and interpret electrical schematics
- Work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Temperature Controller programming and proper function
- Past working history with various electrical motor types (AC/DC, 3 Phase, Stepper, and Servo)
- 5 years of experience with hands on working and troubleshooting machinery.